This community is where I can guide newbie or struggling entrepreneurs or job seekers in how to sensibly and sustainably improve your cash flow and provide cost savings tips on how you can use your computer to ethically make your tiny, available resources stretch much further. It's a combination "test-drive business ownership in an applied cloud technology learning lab" for folks and a virtual business incubator that nurtures home-based, solopreneurs. I noticed a missing set of profit-coaxing job skills among my tax clients and building safety compliance consulting clients. So we'll work towards you gaining those job skills in here.
WHAT I TEACH:
You'll learn proven business management and bookkeeping techniques and time savers so you can focus on your business, not spend all of your time doing the administrative stuff in it: You'll learn how to safely conduct business over the Internet. You'll learn how to protect yourself against fraud and identity theft. My husband and I were able to figure out how to use my community empowerment research, his equipment repair skills, and my accounting/office management skills to rebuild and flourish a micro firm he had purchased on less than half of the operating cash that it took his competitor hood cleaning firms to survive on. We even got nicknamed by some local municipal, code enforcement officials as "the miracle couple" because of what we were able to accomplish in promoting public safety across the western New York community and championing small business well being on so few dollars. We are willing to share with you exactly how we did this.
For a sample of the types of learning labs and workshops I provide in here, please see the demo lesson shown below. No need to know anything about computer programming. No experience needed either, my hands-on labs or instructor led workshops will walk you baby step by keystroke through how to create this awesome, interactive, accessibility compliant, presentation format and wow people with it!
WHO AM I?
I am a cloud technology trainer and a small business success coach, who specializes in cash flow improvement coaching and in training adults who have never used a computer in a business setting before. I am an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, a former tax accountant and a former university business management and accounting adjunct instructor, who now works for Intuit on its QuickBooks Live Cleanup Team. [My team gets the account balance errors out of clients' messed up QuickBooks Online subscriptions.] I don't like watching all of the economic struggles going on around me, and I hear of the business pain felt across the nation every single day through my job at Intuit. I feel compelled to stand up and do something real that will make a difference for the better for as many micro firms nationwide as possible.
WHAT MAKES THIS VIRTUAL INCUBATOR DIFFERENT?
Furthermore, each client who hired me as a ProAdvisor also held valuable job skills and strengths that others had a need for and were willing to pay for. So, this virtual incubator, community space isn't just flat learning or merely getting only reduced rent tenancy and some secretarial support here in this one-of-a-kind, incubator. Instead, as Contractor Training Coalition, Inc. member, you can participate in a neutral, vendor sourcing service by mentoring or academically tutoring others who are struggling in areas where you are strong. I.e. you have the opportunity to earn a few extra dollars that you can put toward improving your own situation or else starting and growing your firm while you learn how to provision and promote your business services or products through "design-for-delight" collaboration and idea exchanges with the other coalition members.
I founded the 501c3 charity, Contractor Training Coalition, Inc., with the aim to help you and partnering charities to find potential collaboration partners. That trade association is an intermediary, technical support agency with the aim to help our respective clients to gain valuable job skills to start or heal a business, or just to improve those other charitable agencies' distance outreach programs, all while creating legitimate work from home opportunities for you. We can achieve this as we coalition members cooperate together to support and help other struggling firms to regain prosperity.
NOTE: My regular day job employer, Intuit, is NOT a coalition member and is NOT this community forum's sponsor either. But it has been kind enough to allow me to share many links to its vast library of small business resources with you here. I'm also sharing my own community empowerment research along with my cash flow improvement lessons learned from my ProAdvisor practice as well as stuff we learned from my husband's firm's building equipment servicing and air-flow improvement consulting engagements.
WHAT IS DESIGN FOR DELIGHT?
Design for delight is Intuit's not so secret sauce strategy that it uses for delivering awesomeness to its customers in real time. I will show you how to use this amazing strategy that has propelled my employer to international, large corporation status with over 10,000 employees. But it works amazingly well for micro firms too, with a couple of minor modifications. It's by far the most valuable strategic business planning approach that I can teach you.
The starting point place for the collaborative, unite to bring the USA back together again, conversations is my own, [on the extreme outer fringes of wild and traumatic] adventures and the many road blocks and career setbacks which I encountered while trying to graduate and become a solopreneur in Western New York. You may agree with my "client empathy" overview of the systemic barriers preventing small business from surviving in New York State. You may disagree with me and that is totally okay too.
I want to start a grassroots effort to raise awareness of the unbelievable amount of fraud scams going on in the restaurants and building trades industries in my region, so we can unite to stop the slow motion train wreck of the entire upstate New York ecosystem or mega supply chain that I have watched in horror as it is happening these past 15 years. Unfortunately, I am convinced that my state is NOT getting out of this perfect storm predicament any time soon without outside, fiscal stability intervention ideas exchange sharing from people and firms who are located elsewhere in the USA. Which means there is now a potential business opportunity for a whole bunch of solopreneurs and home-based, micro-firms located all across the USA. If we all come together and unite for peace and harmony in the community, we can make this dream happen!
But please, let's start the conversation, keep it always professional and respectful, and see where it takes all of us!
OTHER REASONS / PERKS FOR WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN:
* If you do have an interest in becoming self-employed, I will train you in how to help a fiscally upside down client regain prosperity and voluntary compliance with the many laws here so you can help the coalition with its efforts to rebuild New York state after the Covid 19 lockdown, even if you are located somewhere else in the USA. The need for mentor firms or academic tutors is great!
* There is a Wiki type collection of tips, tricks, tools, and building science or management science to help you understand the basics of sensible cash flow improvement. It also contains a whole bunch of Quickbooks training. This is the body of knowledge I draw from when teaching my job skills building courses.
* The cloud technology exploration learning labs which I am gradually adding to the community space will also walk you through what I would typically look for, and evaluate as well as the cash flow interventions that I used regularly in my Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor private tax practice before I shut it down to go to work for Intuit's Live Bookkeeping Experts department.
* The wiki will show you where financially upside-down clients often may make mistakes in their QuickBooks bookkeeping and how to guide them through fixing them.
* Soon, you'll learn how to make sweet, interactive, fully- Section 504 and Section 508 accessibility compliant lessons using an open-source lesson authoring tool where you only have to type in the text that you want to see appear on a page, then check a few boxes and the tool does the rest for you.
* You can explore hands-on a whole bunch of my preferred vendors' popular cloud technology.
* I'll show you where the most common client thinking errors and cash flow gobbling traps are in the smallest firms.
* You'll learn how you and your clients can utilize their computer or their smart phone and accounting internal controls to drastically yet sensibly lower operating costs across the organization while going a long ways towards deterring theft.
* We'll walk through the building science that will either make or break your company's ability to flourish in the long term.
* Lastly, I'll show you how to negotiate with a government agency and achieve meaningful results for your struggling clients who have tiny little shoe-string budgets.
* Basic coalition membership in the Greater Buffalo, New York based, 501c(3) trade association, Contractor Training Coalition, Inc., is free! You must be a member of the coalition for me legally to be able to train you. [NY has weird laws here and government is highly bullying to micro firms. I'm not willing to pay the $5,000 annual licensing fee to license myself as a private university, even though it is just me, so you MUST be a coalition member as a result or else I am essentially unable to train you.]
* There is a $20 per month pay as you go coalition membership option if you want to receive new client referrals for your for-profit business! This fee is waived for registered 501c(3) organizations!
* If you don't have the ability to pay for your private tutoring or private mentoring appointments with the other coalition members, you can earn them instead. You can earn them by helping other members by being a 'Guinea Pig', giving feedback on their marketing efforts, or else watching one of their 45 minute webinars.
* If you aren't yet ready to accept new client referrals, then you can just take the self-study, e-learning labs at the sister website at your convenience. Some courses will have a textbook access or bandwidth hosting fee, but all of my training courses are either offered free of charge or provided at my cost's break-even point.
* Our paid mentor firms and paid peer tutors often want to help further their favorite charitable mission. So they have to option to donate their earned appointment fees to the partnering charities. This helps our partnering charities out because they are struggling over the Covid-19 lockdown. The mentor firm or private academic tutoring appointments can also often count as grant match sourcing for our partnering charities as well.
Thank you for your interest in making the world a better place. Together, we can collaborate with each other to heal our own communities, create or sustain new job and business opportunities, and make buildings across New York state safer places to live and work, Come be part of our efforts to restore unity of purpose, harmony and mutual respect to our communities. And whenever your new solopreneur firm is ready to start accepting new client referrals, you can ethically make money at the same time.